Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Delicious

At first, I didn't quite understand the idea of delicious. I guess I just saw it as a way to upload your bookmarks on the web so you would be able to access them from any computer. I can see the convenience of this, but I wasn't convinced enough to go through the effort of creating and account, uploading my bookmarks, etc. However, once I started to browse though the site, I started to see how many uses it had. You can use tags to identify and sort your bookmarks into different categories and search the site similarly tagged websites. I like this way of searching by tag and browsed through a lot of articles this way. I was able to bookmark some popular design websites for free images and fonts, which always comes in handy. Another aspect of delicious I liked was the ability to look at other user bookmarks. This way, you can link up to friends, classmates, coworkers etc and see what sites they have been reading. This would be great for online groups, for example, creating a delicious account for my coworkers and I to share different posts about winemaking. In a library setting, I think a site like this would be great for conducting preliminary searches on a particular topic to see what is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment