Wednesday, April 15, 2009

YouTube

I didn't spent too much time on YouTube until this year (and even now, unfortunately I really don't spend too much time on it). Before then, I just thought it was a website for funny video clips with video clips copying the video clips. My friends would send me various links, I would watch them and then not really look at much else. Then a friend of mine suggested using youTube to view knitting tutorials (I think someone else in out class has mentioned this on their blog as well). That's when I really started to use youTube. I found it to be easy to use and a great resource for online tutorials about anything. I've looked up wine making tutorials as well and my job is thinking of creating and posting videos in the future. I'd never noticed the use of channels to narrow down or browse before. I also didn't know that you could actually subscribe to video users and follow their video posts. I can't see myself really getting into subscribing and browsing too much. Mostly I would go to youTube with a goal in mind and just use the search box. It's worked great so far!

I decided to look around at some library videos. I found this one that focused on libraries using future technologies. There are some really cool concepts in here, ideally, of course, for libraries with big budgets. I especially liked the "Ifloor" which allowed library patrons to post questions on a screen on the floor and allow other patrons to read the questions and try to answer them.




No comments:

Post a Comment