Thursday, April 16, 2009

Final Thoughts on Learning 2.0

Overall, I liked the Learning 2.0 project. I think it's a great way to expose people to all the aspects of Web 2.0 and ways these can be applied in the library setting. As I said in the beginning of this project, I was really unfamiliar with a lot of Web 2.0 tools and I'm glad I got the chance to learn about them.

Questions:
What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I think my favorites are librarything, flickr, delicious... I really thought everything fun for the most part and definitely good to be familiar with. I really like the advantages for group collaboration in googledocs and zoho writer. My biggest complaint with Web 2.0 is only that I feel like I don't have enough time to take advantage of all of it, because I think there are so many useful tools out there.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I wanted to learn more about Web 2.0 and I think that this program has given me a great overview. There are a few things I would like to explore further, like Bloglines and Wikis. And I know that the websites offered in this project are just some examples of the 2.0 sites out there. I would like to become more familiar with some of the others one day too.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I had know idea how expansive Web 2.0 really is. I had no idea that half of these even existed, like Librarything or Rollyo. I also hadn't known much about how any of the Web 2.0 tools could be applied in the library setting, and I'm glad we got to explore that aspect.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
As I mentioned above, this program was a great overview of the various Web 2.0 tools. The only thing I noticed missing was social networking sites, and not just Facebook and MySpace, but also the professional networking sites. I'm already familiar with so this didn't bother me. But it would be good to include them for other people not as familiar with these.

Overall, I'm very glad that this class gave me a chance to learn more about Web 2.0. I will defiantly will be using some of these tools in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment