Thursday, February 19, 2009

RSS and Google Reader

This week I looked into RSS feeds and how to subscribe to them. I had originally tried bloglines.com but decided I really didn't like it. Maybe it was the layout? However, I then switched over the Google reader and found that to be so much better. Of course the real advantage is that it links right up to my google account, and having all accounts in one spot is much easier. Also, signing up for the feeds was simple and the layout is very clean.

RSS feeds seem like a valuable tool. I like the idea of being able to subscibe to blogs/websites. I also found that it makes searching jobs easier too. I've already subscribed to indeed.com to under library jobs. This way I can always check new job postings.

Because I've never really been familiar with RSS feeds before, I think it will take me a while to take full advantage of the cababilities they offer. I'm slow to pick up this kind of stuff. It's one more thing to check while I'm on the internet, so I will need to be better about remembering it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment