Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Using Flickr and Web Photo Editing


Jack 3
Originally uploaded by pasghettius
I created my Flickr account this week.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/emilyweisenstein/
To be honest, I have never taken any interest in photo sharing online. Even through Myspace and Facebook, 90% of my pictures were posted and tagged by somebody else. I'm not sure why I've never worked with the photos, probably a combination of privacy and laziness. I really don't want my pictures floating around for anyone to see, but also, I've always been too lazy to upload, name, tag etc. For the most part any pics of friends and family just get emailed (and only after they have bugged me repeatedly... maybe I am just photo lazy).
I was impressed with Flickr however. There are tons of beautiful pictures posted. And it's a good way for me to start to share photo's with my friends (maybe this will inspire me). I like that you can add contacts and join different photo groups.
To start on Flickr, I uploaded a couple pictures of my dog Jack and then used a couple third party modifications to them. I was surprised at all the third party photo sites out there. I spent most of my time on the bighugelabs.com site which had a lot of ways to modify the photos. Overall, the third party sites all looked like a lot of fun, Maybe I will start to use more of the online photo sharing tools in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment